Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The outline for RP...


Hello!

I have been wondering about the argument for my research paper. (If you still remember it's going to be about Amy Tam) My keen interest about the mothers and daughters' interrelated life was aroused when I read the graduate essay of a female graduate student which I found in the library. The author focused mainly on Tam's The Joy Luck Club , and the analysis in the essay provided me perceptive knowledge about the conflicting yet interwining relationship between the four pairs of mothers and daughters. Therefore, I want to investigate more about this kind of delicate love by doing observation from other works of Amy Tam. My major concern is about the relationship about Tam's own life and her works, for I think the novels, though fictional, have a lot to do with Tam's life; in other words, I think the books reflect the agony and tragedies Tam went through earlier in her life.

  1. Introduction of Amy Tam
  • Family tragedies
  • Tension with Tam's mother
  • Suffering from depression

2. Tam's works(Fictional and autobiograohy)

  • Fictions
  • Kitchen God's Wife
  • One Hundred Secret Senses
  • The Bonesetter's Daughter

  • Autobiograohy
  • The Opposite of Fate

3. Comparison of the similarities between the chararacters and Tam's experience.

  • Tam's mother
  • Tam's grandmother
  • Tam herself

4. Conclusion

  • How the experiences influenced Tam's stories
  • How she treated these experience.

2 comments:

dorisshih said...

Dear Diane,

Please remember to give me the revised outline & questions we'll give to Prof. Liu.

Doris

dorisshih said...

Hello,

I've never received the print copy of this outline.

Also, please post some possible papers for article review here.

Doris