Sunday, March 04, 2007

Hello, everyone!

I hope everybody has had a wonderful winter vacation, and filled your pockets with red envelope during Chinese New Year!

The first thing I am going to share with you guys are the announcement of my last RP topic(finally!!) and the reason which prompted me to do it.

My RP is going to deal with "mistresses". Talk about choosing a controversial topic, I think this could be a brilliant one. As I began to search for more information about this topic, I am surprised to find that there are many useful data I can use to support my research. As a matter of fact, there are more books and records about mistresses than wives. Many fascinating women had been mistresses all their lives! (the first lady that came to my mind was Gabrielle Chanel, the woman who changed fashion industry and is still being admired today.) There is even a saying that goes: As long as marriage system exists, so do the mistresses. It seems that the burden of marriage is too heavy that it takes two people to carry it, sometimes three.

Whether you agree it or not, I do not think mistresses are the " marriage wreckers". They may cause the break down of a marriage, but they are certainly NOT the major reason. For the past ten years, the world's most notorious mistress--Camilla Parker Bowles, has been regared as the arch sinner of ruining the royal marriage, as Princess Diana put it this way in her famous Panorama interview. The nation still found it difficult to accept Camilla as their princess even after she and Prince Charles became legal spouse last year. In my opinion, the treatment Camilla has been getting is unjust and based on a a false accusation. The more research I did to find out the reason behind the failure of the royal marriage, the more I realize the marriage could not stand a chance even from the very beginning. Princess Diana and Prince Charles did not make a workable relationship, they were different in almost every aspects, and the one thing they shared was . ironically, adultery with other people while still married.

In my RP, I am going to probe the real cause for the breaking down of the marriage and difend for Camilla, who was actually the suitable mate for the Prince but sacrificed herself for the nation's well-being.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Dear Diane,
It’s good to see your post here.
Your new topic sounds interesting.
I believe this issue could be done from a different angle but you have to be more specific.
You may try to narrow down your topic first.
For example, if you try to defend for Camilla, how are you going to do?
As people already know that Camilla may not be the main reason that causes the failure of Prince Charles’ marriage with Diana, what’s your purpose of telling your reader this information?
What is your thesis statement?
You must be careful that your argumentation should be persuasive to your readers.
Could you put your new outline here for us to look?
Maybe you can list some useful references you found here, too.
Look forward to your responses!

TA-grace

Rococo Princess said...

Hi Grace!

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate that. I am trying to think up a good outline, and as soon as I am finished, I will post it on my blog!

Pace said...

Hi~Rococo Princess!!
I like your topic and i think it is quite interesting!! It is good that you finally decide your topic! Maybe u can try to analyze the role that Camilla (being a mistress before) plays in Prince Charles’marriage as well as the influence of the public voice.
^^ Good luck!!